By having an RSS feed, you would have a very powerful tool for sharing content to your followers and to some new users of your site. If you are not using it yet then you are missing out on a lot if you have been creating a lot of new content. It is not enough that you come up with some new content all of the time. You must have a means of distributing and sharing that content to as many people as you can at the same time.
Setting up an RSS Feed
The amazing thing is that setting up an RSS feed is an easy process that requires no special technical knowhow or skill. With just a basic understanding of how the Web works, you could go out and setup an RSS feed with ease. Many publishing systems on the internet have a system for setting up a feed, but if your site does not have then you can use a different method. You can use Feedburner for example.
How to setup an RSS feed at Feedburner
Here are the steps that you have to follow in order to setup an RSS feed at Feedburner:
- The first thing that you have to do is to go to their website which is FeedBurner.com. Once you are on the site, the next step for you is to sign up using your Google account. If you do not have a Google account yet, then go ahead and create one first. There is no charge for that.
- Once you have signed up, you would see a space in the middle part of the website, you would where it says, “Burn a feed right this instant.” There is a box directly below that.
- You need to put in your website inside the box and then click on the option that says next.
- You will be then given an option to customize the title for your RSS feed as well as the feed address.
- You can then click on the next button and then you can finish the setting up of your RSS feed.
That was a pretty simple and straightforward method of setting up your RSS feed and the good news is that there are other sites that is just as easy to use. So what are you waiting for? Go ahead and ahead and use this tool now to promote your site.